One of the PNC's key policies for PNG is STRONGER Law and Order.
Key points to this policy:
New cadetship program to increase the number of Police within the RPNGC to focus on improving:
- training regime and facilities for the RPNGC & Defence Force. - take home pay for the RPNGC & Defence Force.
- housing conditions for the RPNGC & Defence Force.
- broader skills of the individuals within the RPNGC through
ongoing development programs.
- resources available to the RPNGC.
- the conditions for Women within the RPNGC.
- overall profile of the RPNGC
- community programs to gain co-operation from the people of PNG.
- New policies on crime and violence to be introduced with zero tolerance.
- Poverty reduction strategies to empower Papua New Guineans so that they have more options to be self reliant: adult education programs, vocational training, agricultural work.
LAW AND ORDER